The Construction Committee is now an ad-hoc committee of the Facilities committees.
The Facilities Committee is focusing on the Clausen Cabin needs, using Community Revenue Sharing funds to supplement small capital projects on the cabin. Insulating, sheet rocking, rewiring, and more are involved in this major remodeling project.
New Ester Community Library
The Grants Committee will establish a timeline and budget for the design and construction of the library and its grounds, and oversee the process of creating our new library. USKH, Inc. (Stantec) was the firm that designed our building, with Gary Pohl and Matthew Prouty heading the project. Thorsten Chlupp of REINA Alaska was a consultant on the design. (See his lectures on solar thermal on Youtube, studies with CCHRC, or ArcticSun LLC for more information.)
See also Phase 1: Thermal Storage Tank.
- Mike Musick, former CCHRC employee, LEEDs certified builder
- Gary Pohl, architect
- Eli Sonafrank, builder
Documents & Resources
- Goals & Tasks: Draft design, construction, and opening timeline, presented initially at the 2010 Annual Membership meeting and updated since, in accord with acquiring the Clausen Cabin and other needs
- Current site and building plans
- Solar survey of site from Reina Alaska
- Design background
- Construction project history (timelines and projections, below)
- Clausen Cabin Update
- Another great weekend at the Clausen!!
- Floor prep at the Clausen!
- Clausen Cabin: Nearly Solstice Update
- JTEL Construction Update
- Monitor moving
- Major Milestones of Construction on Tuesday August 30
- JTEL Phase 1 Project Progress
- Golden shovels!
- Stalwart volunteers at the Clausen Cabin
- JTEL New Library Phase 1 Construction is coming up!
- A view inside the cabin
- Progress on new library’s Phase 1
- Bid Documents tab (Phase 1)
- Clausen Cabin construction stage 2
- Progress on application to State Fire Marshal for review of Phase 1 plan presented to board April 25.
- Phase 2 Project proposal: Building Shell
- Construction at 488 Village Road
- Phase 1 Project for the new JTEL site to move forward
Construction History & Timelines
Below are timelines illustrating fundraising and planning for the design and construction of the new library, beginning with the most recent (2012-2017) first.